Sunday 13 June 2010

Church Notices

For those of you not in the know, church notices are usually read out at the end of a service by the vicar, although recently I have seen them read at the start of the service, which I think is better. However, the person doing the reading generally apologises for the number of notices. I think this is like Camelot, the lottery company, apologising for the amount of money that you have won!

Notices are the life blood of the church, they show that the church is doing more than the usual Sunday service, that it is reaching out to the community, or to groups within the church, the youth, men, mom and toddlers etc;

So I say let's have more notices, let's celebrate what we are doing and report back on the successes and failures that happen.

1 comment:

  1. I agree; but I think too many notices is off-putting. I tried to direct people to the newsheet, and point out notices of special interest. Also, it is important not to be formulaic. I have a funny story I may tell about that.

    ReplyDelete