Monday 7 March 2011

Getting hung up on the small stuff

Some of you may know that on occasions I teach, what we called in the old days, Sunday School. I teach 7 - 11 year old, year 4 - 7 in new money.
On Sunday we were looking at the bible and looking at how we used it at different times in outr lives, special occcasions, our favourite passages etc; with my washing as the analogy. It was great believe me.
We read Psalm 121, which in the last section says this

The Lord will keep you from all harm - he will watch over your life
the Lord will watch over your coming and going, both now and forevermore.

To which one of the kids asked if they could ask a question, which they, of course, can.

He said - so if that is true why do people get murdered?

You've got to love kids they get straight to the point.

I and my fellow teacher answered the question as best we could, but we were both aware that the person we had asked to sit in the lesson, not knowing what we were teaching or indeed the kids would ask at the time, had lost his own daughter to murder.

and later that day he told he more about the incident of just shy of thirty years ago.

I hope that he will tell some of his story to the kids on another day, but it puts all the small stuff into perspective.

I do hope you have a good week and don't get hung up on the small stuff

No comments:

Post a Comment