Saturday 7 March 2009

Facebook Envy

OK I admit it, I'm addicted to facebook. I really can't turn on my computer, whether at home or at work without checking it out, or am I just checking other people out.

So is Facebook Envy the newest of my demons?

I have some friends that seem to load hundreds of photos of themselves with their new guy in New York or on holiday surrounded by bronzed hunks, while I've spent the day at work and the most exciting thing I got to do was pop round M&S in my lunch hour.

It's not to say that my life is dull, maybe I just don't carry a camera with me all the time, but are other people really having a better time than me?

Worst of all is checking what the ex or the non ex is up to. The ex of course is understandable, I think, if you have managed to stay friends  - surely, as a friend, you should check to see if he's found a new bf, redecorated the house that you decorated for him, or if he is going on holiday to places better than he took you too. That's all just being friendly isn't it?

As for the non ex, these are the people that you almost went out with, but either didn't because you found someone else or they did. One of my non-exs seems to have a very nice bf, has purchased a new house and went to New Work for Christmas and I can't help feeling a little bit miffed. He was the one who decided not to go out with me.

It's not that I'm unhappy with my life, but I have discovered a new deadly sin. I'll keep you posted on whether or not I can control it.

1 comment:

  1. I know some of what you are saying, but I ask this question: how much does a Facebook page reflect reality. No-one puts up details of a lonely night in, or photo's of their untidy house, or invite comments on their failures. Maybe someone is looking at your page with envy, regret, or nostalgia?

    ReplyDelete