Monday 9 March 2009

Reflective Learner

I'm a reflective learner, which means I have to go away and mull something over before I get it, and that's never been more true than over the last few weeks.

A few weeks ago I went back to the land of my fathers, well my mom and dad and travelled up the M1 and M6 to Wolverhampton. (and no it isn't in the Black Country) The purpose of my visit was a school reunion!

I left school quite a few years ago and had never been tempted to attend this kind of occasion previously, but the people organising it were people that I actually remembered and I think as all of us turn 40 this school year there was the need for a milestone to be tapped.

And dear reader it was a great night, or at least what I remember of it after 7 double brandies, and it was like we'd only seen each other the day before and at any moment I might be asked for my maths homework!

So back to the reflected learner bit, well these old school/new facebook friends hadn't seen me in over 20 years, but welcomed me back like I'd just popped down the bottom shops and got them a 20p mix!

So no need for facebook envy when you have real mates, and to the mate that said he envied me, you can't really say everything that has happened in your life in a few lines on facebook, let's share a sofa and a bottle of brandy and I'll fill you in.

No comments:

Post a Comment